Dark Candles Mini Review!
So the other day, I checked my P.O. Box to find this amazing surprise package waiting for me from the lovely caramia1313 of Dark Candles. I opened the box in my car, and the car was instantly filled with earthy, spicy aroma. I couldn’t wait to get home and test all of the candles out, and I knew I needed to write up a mini review to share these wondrous scents with you all.
I will preface this review by stating that this package was sent to me as a gift, unsolicited and with no expectation of a positive review in return. The opinions expressed below are entirely my own.
Included in my package was a pack of votives from the Halloween Collection (how perfect!):
- Bonfire - This is a complex, masculine scent, with woody notes and hints of fruit. It’s a little sweet, a little spicy, and brings to mind chilly nights curled up in front of the fire with a mug of mulled cider.
- Dark Carnival - By far my favorite of this collection, though all four are lovely. It’s sweet, but not sickly sweet or maple-scented as sweet autumn scents tend to be. It smells of candied apples and toasted nuts, evoking memories of fall carnival treats (as the title would suggest).
- Haunted House - A very woodsy scent with hints of spices and earth. It makes me think of fall evenings in the woods behind my grandmother’s house, picking juniper berries with muddy fingers.
- Falling Leaves - Earthy and sweet. This smells like trudging through a leaf pile on Halloween night with a full bucket of candy. This is probably my second favorite scent of the pack, it is so very FALL!
Also included in the package were some delightful extras:
- A glass votive holder - currently filled with melted Dark Carnival and the perfect size for votives.
- Lilith tea lights from the Vampire Collection - Raspberry and patchouli, exactly as the description states. Not my favorite scent (I’m just not a berry fan), but still very pleasant. I have a feeling my husband will enjoy this scent as he loves berries.
- A sample of Full Moon from the Werewolf Collection - To me, this smells like a hot vanilla chai latte. I want to eat it.
- Various stickers and a Shadow Card (collect one with each $10 purchase, once you’ve amassed 10 Shadow Cards you receive a $10 gift certificate)
All in all, I was extremely impressed by the quality of these candles. They are packaged beautifully (don’t even get me started on that label artwork! whoa mama), scented generously, and you can really sense the love that goes into handcrafting each one. This is a company after my own heart that embraces goth clichés by way of spooky ridiculous scents, and I love them for it. I foresee many orders from my household in the future.
I recently purchased some of these candles, and they’re gorgeous. I’m tempted to purchase Falling Leaves in a larger size.