Common Characteristics of Natural Born, Freelance, or Career Writers
- An “odd ball” childhood.
Writers tend to start off as peculiar kids. They never quite fit in with their classmates. Their abstract thinking begins early on, and it causes them to struggle to relate to other children and elementary interests. Future writers commonly start off as either lonesome or socially inept kids.
- They were handed books as toys.
Naturally gifted writers are almost always reading enthusiasts. They have a further developed vocabulary and stronger syntax abilities because their scholastic experience goes beyond traditional curriculum.
- They believe in the “All or nothing” policy.
Writers are often perfectionists that will edit until their eyes bleed or completely scratch an idea off the table. They tend to carry that trait into their other projects as well. The writer will either create something complete or nothing at all.
- They take pride in their work.
Even if they need help, writers like doing their work 100% themselves without contribution. This is seen often in college, when the self-proclaimed writers don’t show up to office hours or ask for tutoring. Writers tend to treat even essays as a personal work of art. It’s their work, and it matters that it’s only theirs.
- They are equally organized and disorganized.
A writer’s mind works in choreographed chaos. With too much chaos comes no productivity. With too much organization comes no passion. The writer has learned how to have the perfect combination of both.
- They have both an ego and self-doubt.
-Enough ego to invest in one’s own thoughts, enough doubt to revise and rethink continuously.
- They enjoy simplicity.
Hot coffee, music, and a sunrise could make their morning flawless.
- They are observant.
- They recognize the importance of memories.
- sparky-the-potato reblogged this from happykeycharmz
- sparky-the-potato likes this
- happykeycharmz reblogged this from nutellaglutton
- zeldacollections reblogged this from iamwez20
- fiction-saved-my-life likes this
- mysticllama likes this
- somanyspitfirefeels reblogged this from iamwez20
- rewindtryoutdyout reblogged this from lunamalfoy7
- rewindtryoutdyout likes this
- nutellaglutton reblogged this from iamwez20
- rori-wolf reblogged this from mofftisslocked
- rori-wolf likes this
- iamwez20 reblogged this from lunamalfoy7
- you-stranger-you-legend reblogged this from lunamalfoy7
- egonhotchner likes this
- this-is-myy-blog reblogged this from lunamalfoy7
- this-is-myy-blog likes this
- mofftisslocked reblogged this from lunamalfoy7
- samuraiabstinencepatrol likes this
- agent-of-marvel likes this
- lunamalfoy7 reblogged this from cloudwatchingangels
- itszeelaina-fangirllife reblogged this from taijatamirra
- itszeelaina-fangirllife likes this
- taijatamirra reblogged this from codylee0123
- taijatamirra likes this
- wildtastemaker reblogged this from codylee0123
- wildtastemaker likes this
- codylee0123 reblogged this from scraps-of-poetry
- codylee0123 likes this
- papercraneswriting reblogged this from theamazingwritingshtuff
- sjeckert likes this
- ariel-the-tempest reblogged this from theamazingwritingshtuff
- theamazingwritingshtuff reblogged this from mydepository
- aleksander-the-shota-king reblogged this from dragonbrush95
- angelsandhuntersanddemonsohmy reblogged this from hero-in-disguise
- xonxthexinsidex likes this
- monnanon reblogged this from paddedroomwithaview
- thebestofmefan likes this
- silwer999 likes this
- ilalicius reblogged this from afieldwithoutaname and added:
- nockturn likes this
- justcallmewendy reblogged this from living-life-as-a-long-fairytale
- living-life-as-a-long-fairytale reblogged this from clockworktimelady
- anunluckyoccurrence reblogged this from frostmarris
- paddedroomwithaview reblogged this from afieldwithoutaname
- shifter1412 likes this
- afieldwithoutaname reblogged this from afieldwithoutaname
- royalref reblogged this from 20fsp
- kimmiesue13 likes this
- andropogonfalons likes this