Common Characteristics of Natural Born, Freelance, or Career Writers
- An “odd ball” childhood.
Writers tend to start off as peculiar kids. They never quite fit in with their classmates. Their abstract thinking begins early on, and it causes them to struggle to relate to other children and elementary interests. Future writers commonly start off as either lonesome or socially inept kids.
- They were handed books as toys.
Naturally gifted writers are almost always reading enthusiasts. They have a further developed vocabulary and stronger syntax abilities because their scholastic experience goes beyond traditional curriculum.
- They believe in the “All or nothing” policy.
Writers are often perfectionists that will edit until their eyes bleed or completely scratch an idea off the table. They tend to carry that trait into their other projects as well. The writer will either create something complete or nothing at all.
- They take pride in their work.
Even if they need help, writers like doing their work 100% themselves without contribution. This is seen often in college, when the self-proclaimed writers don’t show up to office hours or ask for tutoring. Writers tend to treat even essays as a personal work of art. It’s their work, and it matters that it’s only theirs.
- They are equally organized and disorganized.
A writer’s mind works in choreographed chaos. With too much chaos comes no productivity. With too much organization comes no passion. The writer has learned how to have the perfect combination of both.
- They have both an ego and self-doubt.
-Enough ego to invest in one’s own thoughts, enough doubt to revise and rethink continuously.
- They enjoy simplicity.
Hot coffee, music, and a sunrise could make their morning flawless.
- They are observant.
- They recognize the importance of memories.
- tobi-tenkit reblogged this from chronicles-of-monika
- insanitytm reblogged this from soundofneon
- soundofneon reblogged this from arminbread
- losinqlove reblogged this from makeout-livelonger
- shiparker likes this
- sunflowers-and-cinnamon reblogged this from ibelieveinyoudean
- lolasoph likes this
- windblowndebris likes this
- derpysavvy likes this
- derpysavvy reblogged this from surdoues
- surdoues reblogged this from surdoues
- ask-theironicroommates likes this
- tomasthecondor reblogged this from obsoletemarchingcat
- tomasthecondor likes this
- pancakekat03 likes this
- obsoletemarchingcat reblogged this from toboldlymisha
- kcometddragon likes this
- iamoneofthemthings reblogged this from christmestiel
- iamoneofthemthings likes this
- therewillbehobbits likes this
- toboldlymisha likes this
- toboldlymisha reblogged this from brave-wolves-with-heart
- christmestiel reblogged this from ibelieveinyoudean
- timidly-livid likes this
- timidly-livid reblogged this from ibelieveinyoudean
- angelicsnow likes this
- starcrossedsoulmates likes this
- laughterrequiresnotranslation reblogged this from ineedyoutobesafesam
- bluetyrannosaurus likes this
- ineedyoutobesafesam reblogged this from ibelieveinyoudean
- brave-wolves-with-heart likes this
- brave-wolves-with-heart reblogged this from ibelieveinyoudean
- thesilencewaits reblogged this from ibelieveinyoudean
- alitttlebug reblogged this from ibelieveinyoudean
- glimmerandglisten reblogged this from ibelieveinyoudean
- ibelieveinyoudean reblogged this from optimismforjournalism
- auroralightt reblogged this from oglala-with-a-beard
- sherlockmyholmsie reblogged this from duck-tator
- duck-tator reblogged this from tauriely
- bebetteratart reblogged this from moanwoo
- j-heifer reblogged this from neko-kira
- ashleyofasgard likes this
- redladyoftheeddies reblogged this from aikaoftheeddies
- aikaoftheeddies reblogged this from aurora313
- fatally3103 reblogged this from mistkitt
- cosofwierdityxx likes this
- welcometomybrainstation likes this
- thiseternaloptimist reblogged this from missunkissed
- eyeshab likes this
- intrinsically-searching reblogged this from theredfiltersthrough