Common Characteristics of Natural Born, Freelance, or Career Writers
- An “odd ball” childhood.
Writers tend to start off as peculiar kids. They never quite fit in with their classmates. Their abstract thinking begins early on, and it causes them to struggle to relate to other children and elementary interests. Future writers commonly start off as either lonesome or socially inept kids.
- They were handed books as toys.
Naturally gifted writers are almost always reading enthusiasts. They have a further developed vocabulary and stronger syntax abilities because their scholastic experience goes beyond traditional curriculum.
- They believe in the “All or nothing” policy.
Writers are often perfectionists that will edit until their eyes bleed or completely scratch an idea off the table. They tend to carry that trait into their other projects as well. The writer will either create something complete or nothing at all.
- They take pride in their work.
Even if they need help, writers like doing their work 100% themselves without contribution. This is seen often in college, when the self-proclaimed writers don’t show up to office hours or ask for tutoring. Writers tend to treat even essays as a personal work of art. It’s their work, and it matters that it’s only theirs.
- They are equally organized and disorganized.
A writer’s mind works in choreographed chaos. With too much chaos comes no productivity. With too much organization comes no passion. The writer has learned how to have the perfect combination of both.
- They have both an ego and self-doubt.
-Enough ego to invest in one’s own thoughts, enough doubt to revise and rethink continuously.
- They enjoy simplicity.
Hot coffee, music, and a sunrise could make their morning flawless.
- They are observant.
- They recognize the importance of memories.
- lovedrunkvagabond likes this
- derfuckingwafflehaus likes this
- imagrownfangirl reblogged this from sophie1973
- imagrownfangirl likes this
- leilahali reblogged this from brebabbles
- leilahali likes this
- midnightngel87 likes this
- midnightngel87 reblogged this from sophie1973
- eyrk01 reblogged this from brebabbles
- rabid4olicity reblogged this from brebabbles
- rabid4olicity likes this
- brebabbles reblogged this from sophie1973
- brebabbles likes this
- sophie1973 reblogged this from thepalaceofawesomestories
- sophie1973 likes this
- crossoverhell reblogged this from dark-pika
- skydiesinyoureyes likes this
- pawnsandpints reblogged this from theimaginatrix27
- pawnsandpints likes this
- theimaginatrix27 reblogged this from gwen-skyes
- wordsmakemagic reblogged this from annabeth-ride-the-shadowhunter
- cynicalgraycrayon reblogged this from bunburyahoy
- cynicalgraycrayon likes this
- shescalin reblogged this from infinitenoodle
- hopeinthetardis reblogged this from tessmilom
- hopeinthetardis likes this
- confused-procrastinating-writer reblogged this from tessmilom
- theatrebreakfastclub likes this
- thereverendpuck reblogged this from tessmilom
- thereverendpuck likes this
- journeytocps reblogged this from tessmilom
- kaylakunikosan reblogged this from tessmilom
- tessmilom reblogged this from booksandhotchocolate
- mygauzeborn likes this
- the-coolest-gato reblogged this from thefaceofevilisasmile
- thefaceofevilisasmile reblogged this from twofortuesday
- thefaceofevilisasmile likes this
- indiehomosapien reblogged this from twofortuesday
- twofortuesday reblogged this from inthefllowers
- themightywordsmith likes this
- hollow-echo reblogged this from jgurnakart
- princess-of-stories likes this
- devious-andi reblogged this from jgurnakart and added:
- devious-andi likes this
- jade617 reblogged this from happyhiddling
- audykm13 likes this
- anything-i-wish-to-be likes this
- adishevelleddevil likes this
- niceandnaive likes this