What do we do when we’re sickly?
That’s right, peeps, it’s time for another episode of Auntie Jilli Is Horrified By What Is In The Goth Tag On Etsy!
Is this what the Kids Today <tm> mean by “Soft Grunge”? “90s pastel goth nu grunge raver" WHAT DOES THAT EVEN MEAN? And I *like* pink. But not that.
Tropical Goth? I know lovely people who identify with that style. They would not be caught (un)dead in a bright yellow short sleeved shirt that says “Fun in the Sun!"
1. This is not a corset, it’s a lightly-boned bustier. 2. Yellow. Yes, I’m biased against that color, but I have yet to see a Goth ensemble that really works with yellow. 3. Oh gracious, the tag spam “steampunk- goth- rocker- hipster- harajuku”.
Acid. Washed. Denim. Dress. One of you be a love and bring your Auntie Jilli the laudanum, she feels an attack of the vapors coming on.
I think I need to do a post of vintage gothy things from Etsy that I approve of, just to cleanse my brain after these things.
- laurazothecula likes this
- dollydollspookprincess likes this
- undeadmachinery reblogged this from mszombi and added:
- kveldulf reblogged this from mszombi and added:
- missblooferlady likes this
- mszombi reblogged this from gothiccharmschool and added:
- philipshiraz likes this
- aretankisagirl likes this
- laughingacademy likes this
- macabretruth likes this
- kuramika likes this
- gargoylesandgourmet said: Searching for ” goth ” on eBay is worse.
- roguesareth likes this
- the-changeling-knows likes this
- vada-underwood likes this
- melwaseaten said: I’ve seen some cybergoths who can really pull off yellow. But I agree with you, yellow is an obnoxious color.
- musicisfreedom-andfreedomislife likes this
- antema likes this
- kittie98 likes this
- lunitaire likes this
- earningmybatwings likes this
- ankhword likes this
- alyce-in-bloom likes this
- the-city-mouse likes this
- blackghostwaltz likes this
- ophelia-pain said: Waitwaitwait…tropical goth? That’s a thing? Can you explain this? Because I live in southern florida and I am excited at the prospect of there being some special way of dressing goth without dying of heatstroke.
- elvencommander reblogged this from gothiccharmschool
- nemoralis reblogged this from gothiccharmschool
- prettylittledarkling reblogged this from gothiccharmschool
- liritarnauld likes this
- vampire-of-soda likes this
- prettylittledarkling likes this
- shewassurprised said: ….what on earth?!
- nevermorte likes this
- absinthecorpse said: I whole heartedly agree and wish you would post actual vintage gothic decor. Makes my head ache looking through those mistitled tags on Etsy
- ladymillicent likes this
- kersteelou likes this
- midnightrhose likes this
- yelhsaadnama likes this
- yelhsaadnama said: 19thcenturyartofmournin…
- fantasyandphobias likes this
- djinnchild likes this
- notanothergothloliblog likes this
- absinthecorpse likes this
- darkpassengerdriving likes this
- reversebladesword likes this
- screaming-towards-apotheosis said: the problem with yellow and goth is, I think, the fact that you can’t really do stripey yellow without unfortunate bumblebee-like effect….
- tardiscrash likes this
- lunacy-im-home likes this
- thomas4th likes this