What do we do when we’re sickly?
That’s right, peeps, it’s time for another episode of Auntie Jilli Is Horrified By What Is In The Goth Tag On Etsy!
Is this what the Kids Today <tm> mean by “Soft Grunge”? “90s pastel goth nu grunge raver" WHAT DOES THAT EVEN MEAN? And I *like* pink. But not that.
Tropical Goth? I know lovely people who identify with that style. They would not be caught (un)dead in a bright yellow short sleeved shirt that says “Fun in the Sun!"
1. This is not a corset, it’s a lightly-boned bustier. 2. Yellow. Yes, I’m biased against that color, but I have yet to see a Goth ensemble that really works with yellow. 3. Oh gracious, the tag spam “steampunk- goth- rocker- hipster- harajuku”.
Acid. Washed. Denim. Dress. One of you be a love and bring your Auntie Jilli the laudanum, she feels an attack of the vapors coming on.
I think I need to do a post of vintage gothy things from Etsy that I approve of, just to cleanse my brain after these things.
- dollydollspookprincess likes this
- undeadmachinery reblogged this from mszombi and added:
- kveldulf reblogged this from mszombi and added:
- missblooferlady likes this
- mszombi reblogged this from gothiccharmschool and added:
- philipshiraz likes this
- aretankisagirl likes this
- laughingacademy likes this
- macabretruth likes this
- kuramika likes this
- gargoylesandgourmet said:Searching for ” goth ” on eBay is worse.
- roguesareth likes this
- the-changeling-knows likes this
- vada-underwood likes this
- melwaseaten said:I’ve seen some cybergoths who can really pull off yellow. But I agree with you, yellow is an obnoxious color.
- black-girl-no-shame likes this
- dead--kitten likes this
- ravennightshade likes this
- antema likes this
- kittie98 likes this
- inspired-by-ahuman-arc likes this
- lunitaire likes this
- earningmybatwings likes this
- ankhword likes this
- alyce-in-bloom likes this
- the-city-mouse likes this
- blackghostwaltz likes this
- ophelia-pain said:Waitwaitwait…tropical goth? That’s a thing? Can you explain this? Because I live in southern florida and I am excited at the prospect of there being some special way of dressing goth without dying of heatstroke.
- cybersphynx said:The influences of emo (melancholy) and steampunk (victoriana) have confused people re: what really is Goth. Your guidance is needed!
- myssfae reblogged this from gothiccharmschool
- cybersphynx likes this
- nemoralis reblogged this from gothiccharmschool
- prettylittledarkling reblogged this from gothiccharmschool
- liritarnauld likes this
- vampire-of-soda likes this
- prettylittledarkling likes this
- shewassurprised said:….what on earth?!
- nevermorte likes this
- absinthecorpse said:I whole heartedly agree and wish you would post actual vintage gothic decor. Makes my head ache looking through those mistitled tags on Etsy
- ladymillicent likes this
- kersteelou likes this
- midnightrhose likes this
- hellowitless likes this
- hellowitless said:19thcenturyartofmournin…
- fantasyandphobias likes this
- djinnchild likes this
- notanothergothloliblog likes this
- absinthecorpse likes this
- darkpassengerdriving likes this
- reversebladesword likes this