Set the Wayback Machine, peeps!
Stretch velvet dresses GALORE. And the thing about the Jumping Joy brand of those dresses is that they were made with the best quality crushed stretch velvet I’ve ever found.
But when did stretch velvet become associated with grunge? Is it purely a “they both existed in the 90s" thing? Because I lived through it, and I can assure you that not a lot of girls in the grunge scene wore stretch velvet dresses.
Black and olive green striped stretch velvet! I can think of at least two different people this would look fantastic on.
Good lord, I used to have this exact dress. I wore it over a longer black full skirt, with a tangle of long necklaces, black lipstick, and HUGE hair.
Another dress just like one I used to own. Again, worn with black-red lipstick and HUGE hair. I seem to remember receiving many free drinks when I would wear it out to Ye Olde Goth Club …
- dear-alex-cole reblogged this from gothiccharmschool
- singofsilence likes this
- prodigaldaughteralice reblogged this from gothiccharmschool
- theflouncingtart likes this
- theflouncingtart reblogged this from gothiccharmschool and added:
- midnightblue70 likes this
- blkstiletto said:I owned the red one too! I sewed a lace ruffled hem into to make it long enough to graze the floor, which, in NYC, was not the best idea. Hindsight and the wisdom of old age, huh?
- aretankisagirl likes this
- catgirlxlrg likes this
- worldleaderpretend said:Waaaant. But how is the way the cool people dressed to go out when I was in high school officially vintage? I feel old.
- confinedforest reblogged this from gothiccharmschool and added:
- bustyswede likes this
- confinedforest likes this
- six-impossible-things likes this
- phoenixinvenus likes this
- morbidcupcakes likes this
- merpita likes this
- carbonnight likes this
- hermione-ganja said:I had a number of stretch velvet dresses as a kid. Goth before I even knew what goth was.
- lunitaire likes this
- hermione-ganja likes this
- mistressmorgue said:I owned the last two and a red knee length one with bell sleeves paired with layers of tights, stompy boots and big hair.
- ravennightshade likes this
- bunnyjunk likes this
- earningmybatwings likes this
- leyisatree likes this
- lady-llewellyn likes this
- muninandhugin likes this
- clematispassiflora reblogged this from gothiccharmschool
- louisediamondlace likes this
- gothiccharmschool posted this